Lego Gender Remix

Lego Gender Remixer – Janice Otero

I found the Gender Role Remix very interesting. This creates a way for children to play with whatever they want to regardless of what it looks like. 

My parents bought us all types of toys. I have 6 brothers and 1 sister. In the house, we had toys like, telephones, puzzles, art supplies, blocks, board games and many more. My mom said “I do my best to let my children choose their own paths. My oldest daughter, loves pink clothes, but she also loves animals and cars. My youngest daughter is developing her own little personality, including an obsession with Buzz Light-year. My hope is to let my children to make their own choices and give them confidence to feel at ease with those decisions”. My parents wanted us to be happy with whatever we played with. Given, I loved all my toys but I just really felt a connection to my board games. My parents were open to letting us play with whatever we liked and because of this, I, had a positive impact on development because I am very confident in myself to whatever I wanted to be regardless of my gender. I remember in first grade, I played with all types of things. I loved playing with play-dough, puzzles and dress up. However, in today’s society, I feel like there are still sections in the store that are for boys “blue” and for girls “pink”, but where is the in between? I just hope that parents/caregivers are letting their child to play with whatever they want to play with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Writing Prompt 2 (Sensory)